Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

5 things that make a great Senior Quote

Seniors, the time has come. Senior quotes, one of the defining moments of senior year, are due at the end of term. Creating a quote is exciting and fun, but can also be a real challenge. The pressure to simply not look like an idiot in the yearbook can be as daunting as semester finals. For those of you who aren’t graduating in 2020, listen in and prepare now! Here are 5 things to help you create a quote for the ages:

#1 – Put your personality into it. As with any work of art, it’s important to make something that is uniquely yours. Great painters, sculptors, and composers set themselves apart by adding their own flair and style to their work. Our differences make us special, and the most unique quotes are the ones that are remembered.

#2 – Don’t stress it. School is tough enough already. There’s no need to add to the load by overthinking your senior quote. Have fun, and be creative! Go all out while keeping an eye on things that really bring you joy, like Chick Fil A.

#3 – Memories make good templates. Yearbooks are treasure troves of the good and bad moments from high school. When creating your quote, look back through previous yearbooks, reflecting on your high school experience. What made it special? What would you have done differently? Have a final mic drop to that one inside joke? The answers to these questions could give you inspiration.

#4 – Stay positive. Four years is a long time to suffer. Too long. Despite this, it’s important to stay positive. Do any of us want to be remembered as the kid who’s quote went along the lines of “see you never?” Focusing on the positive has been proven to be a key factor in success and happiness. If science, humanity, and my mom all agree, you can’t argue with it. Even during the darkness of school, looking to the dawn will enrich the best moments of life and high school.

#5 – This is your year. Us seniors have less than seven months of high school left. 2020 is our year, let’s leave our mark on it! Make 2020 a memorable year. Make your impact that tells your class who you were during your years as a T-bird.

To submit your senior quote, click here.

View Comments (5)