A Farewell To Sean Edwards. Another Saddening Loss.

Timpview’s vision and mission for it’s students is growth, inclusion, and excellence. Timpview’s assisstant principal Sean Edwards, had helped lead that vision. Sean Edwards has been at Timpview for 10 years and he has loved it so much. He is leaving Timpview to be the Principal at Canyon Crest Elementary and we will miss him dearly. Mr. Edwards started at Timpview as special education teacher before he became an assistant principal. When asked what Timpview has taught him Mr. Edwards replied, “We have such an incredible and amazing student body who when you have high ecpretations meets and excels those expectations very single time, I love our students.” While he may not personally know every single student Timpivew has taught him how to have a greater capacity to love. Mr. Edwards advice to his younger self, and all students, is to be open to all opportunities for growth. In his early life his first grade teacher told him , “Mistakes are good they help us grow they teach us what we need to know”, this stuck with Edwards for his entire life. Edwards urges students to be okay with making mistakes and embracing failure as that is how we learn. Edwards leaves the message, “Just be authentically you.” With an increase in pressure to be different and meets others expectations Edwards wants student to be what they feel is best for them and those that love you and actually matter will embrace you. Interview Sean Edwards, you can feel the love he has for this school. Being an assistant principal is never an easy job but doing it with love certainly makes it easier. Mr. Edwards will certainly be missed but we know he will touch the hearts of every student at his future school. We wish him all the luck and the best future. We love you Sean!

View Comments (1)