Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Pesky Parking Police

Timpview Parking
Pesky Parking Police

As Timpview students we are thrilled to have a real parking lot after about 3 years finally. But did it fix the parking situation?

This new parking lot has added a lot of new parking opportunities. But when you don’t get a spot, you are doing what you’ve been doing those past 3 years parking along the road or in neighborhoods. The parking has been causing many more problems that need to be discussed and solved immediately. 

People have signs in cul-de-sacs saying “no Timpview parking” on public roads. The parking police coming weekly ticketing us left and right. Would you rather have us park a tiny bit in front of that no-park sign on Qual Valley Drive (which was previously told to us, that we could park all along) or be late to class? It is unfair that we are dealing with this difficult issue, we should not have parking police coming because we are doing all we can to focus on school and not the parking situation. 

Quail Parking

I could go on and on about the parking problem and how it needs to be resolved, it’s just a good thing I’m not getting into the 4-way stop sign and the police “attempting” to make it go faster and ultimately making it more backed up. I suggest we create a parent drop-off and route so the students who need to park can park and get to school on time. What other input do you have to resolve this problem?

View Comments (2)