Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Violence at Timpview

These last few weeks, we have had an inflation of violent actions and aggressive behaviors on and around school grounds. This has caused many students at Timpview to feel unsafe and on guard while attending school. This environment is not acceptable. As a school, we should be supporting one another and creating an environment that people want to be in, where people want to come to school and can feel safe around fellow students and administration. 

This last week we had an incident with 2 upper-classmen, resulting in serious injuries. “The two boys were having beef, boy A walks to him and tries to dap him up,” stated a witness who asked to remain anonymous. “Boy B shakes his head and puts his hands in his pockets. Boy A begins to follow Boy B down in the great hall. Boy A, in a crowded hall punches Boy B three times, the third time taking out something sharp and cutting his lip down the left side of his face.” This fight has resulted in one student getting stitches on his lower lip and being exempted from participating in sports. The assailant was expelled.

These actions should not be permitted on school grounds. We come to school to learn, make good lasting memories, go to dances, watch our sports team triumph and support them when defeated, and make friends who will impact our lives. We cannot allow this to happen again. With the support of our teachers and administration, we can create a more appropriate school setting, and a safer one. One good thing about this school is that there are so many clubs that will accept you with open arms. If you feel like you need help or need a friend, please go and join in on meetings, talk to a trusted adult, or visit our lovely social worker, Malia Arnell. Let’s try and build our community and our love for each other and our school. We students must hold ourselves accountable for the safety of each other.

As dedicated Timpview Thunderbirds, we emphasize the importance of supporting all students and staff with respect and love, discouraging any form of online or in-person bullying or discrimination.