Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview Boy’s Basketball Gets Huge Win Versus Ranked Team

Timpview boys basketball uses defense, hot shooting to win against nationally ranked Wasatch Academy
Bryant Livingston

The T-birds men’s basketball team beat the #16 ranked team in the nation as the Wasatch Academy Tigers faced the T-birds late Tuesday night in the Thunderdome. The final score was 50-48. Timpview won on a game-winning layup as senior James Rust drove from the top of the key to the right block and finished the layup. Timpview fought hard from tip-off till the very last minute of the game.

The game was close from the start to the final buzzer. Timpview started the first quarter hot and was up 11-10 at the end of the first, but Wasatch Acadamy came out firing in the second quarter hitting 4 3-pointers and leading going into the locker room up 30-20  The game was a dogfight, as the 3rd quarter was coming to a close Wasatch academy was leading by 7 as James rust came down the left wing and was fouled while shooting a 3 point shot and sunk 2 of his 3 free throws the tigers led by 5 going into the 4th quarter. It stayed close during the 4th quarter as Wasatch academy held a narrow 4-point lead the t-birds finished the game on an 8-2 run as both freshman Dean Rukert and senior Eli St.Clair hit 3-point shots and James rust hit the game-winning lay-up 

Timpview won in dramatic fashion and it is the first team in Utah to beat nationally ranked Wasatch Academy in 10 years since they have become a prep school. Senior James rust finished with 15 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists. Along with key contributors Dean Rukert and Eli St.Clair pouring in 15 points each.