Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Girls XC Wins State

Yesterday was the Uhsaa state cross-country race. Going into the race, the Timpview girl’s team was ranked number one. With star junior Jane Hedengren back from a stress fracture injury, hopes were high. This being her second ground run in a month, no one knew what to expect. Another big factor for the Timpview girls team was the transfer of sophomore Lily Alder who moved here from Germany.

Right off the gun, Timpview was looking strong, Hedengren was leading the race with teammate sophomore Lily Alder not far behind her. Through the first mile, the Timpview girls’ team had a big lead over the second-place team Springville with Hedengren and Alder consistently in 1st and 2nd. During the second mile, Hedengren made a move and started to drop the field. Coming through the second mile Timpview was still in first place with 69.5 points with Maple Mountain not far behind with 93 points. Hedengren is still in 1st and Alder is in 3rd. During the last mile, Hedengren continued to make moves and held her lead.

Hedengen came through in first place with a time of 17:14 which was the fastest time of the day. Alder wasn’t too far behind her in 3rd place running a time of 17:34. Timpview ended the race with 62 points securing the first place spot.