Soda Mix closed

You may have noticed the Soda Mix hasn’t been open during lunches for the last several weeks, but why? Unfortunately, due to rent issues, the soda shop is closed for good.

Former employee Avenlie Fullmer had mixed feelings about working there. The schedule was flexible and her coworkers were all very pleasant, but that was about it. “Sometimes you’d have to open or close by yourself, and it could be really scary sometimes.” She also explained that getting paid was frustrating. “Towards the end of my job the payments would be very late, and when I would reach out [they] would just leave me on read.” She got paid everything she earned eventually.

Although this closure comes as a surprise to many Timpview students, it was no shock to many Soda Mix employees. “Honestly working there was unpleasant,” remarked Fullmer. “In the moment it was pretty fun, but once I got other jobs I realized how unprofessional it was.” The better-established Sodalicious nearby likely also contributed to the lack of business.

The strange shed on the corner of 3700 N and Canyon Rd was only inhabited by The Soda Mix for a few months, even less time than the preceding “Snack Shack,” which also closed because of financial issues. Who knows what business could try their hand there next?

View Comments (2)