Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview Football ends season with a State Championship

Daily Herald
Timpview Football celebrates winning the 5A State Championship

After coming short of the ring last year, Timpview football pulled off the 5A Championship game last Friday. Timpview beat Bountiful High School 23-15 to seal the season. The first touchdown came in the first quarter from Senior Athlete Quezon Villa, a 32-yard receiving touchdown, with the extra point no good, that made the game 6-0. The second touchdown came from Senior Runningback Tru To’a, a one-yard rushing touchdown in the second quarter, and with the extra point good this time, the Score turned to 13-0. At the end of the first half, Sophomore Kicker Luke Thornock made a field goal with 6 seconds left to end the half 16-0. With the second half being the last half of the season, the players played their hearts out for the last time this season. Bountiful was the first to score in the second half with a long pass and a two-point conversion to make it 16-8, but that didn’t startle the T-Birds. Sophomore Quarterback Helaman Causuga threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Sophomore Reciever Kennan Pula, and with the extra kick good, the third quarter ended at 23-8. The atmosphere was loud and hopeful for the T-Birds going into the fourth quarter. With the student section chanting “ I believe that we will win” and the football team doing their “ Timpview Jumping-Jacks”, Timpview could feel the win coming their way. Bountiful scored once making the score 15-23, and tensions started to rise. With Timpview up 8, they needed a defensive stop to seal the win. On Bountiful’s last offensive drive, they ran a short pass to get the first down on fourth down. The defense was there to meet the receiver, but he was tackled right by the first down. With Timpview calling it short and Bountiful calling it a first, they had to bring the chains out to see the result, And with a great eruption of cheers, the officials called Bountiful short of the first down. Senior Quarterback Brigham Richards took the knee to seal the game, making Timpview the 5A State Champs. We asked Junior Defensive End/Outside Linebacker Puaa Mo’unga what the best part of winning State is, “ For me, that story that I’ll have the future, for the youngins that’ll hear the story and wanna be like me, it’s all about the journey.” Timpview football is all about Culture and that Culture goes on and on for generations, Timpview Football is a giant family. Congrats to our football team for a successful season and thank you to the school and community for their support.