Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview’s Star QB to Be Corner Canyon’s Star QB Now

Timpview’s Helaman Casuga takes his talent to Corner Canyon
Timpviews Star QB to Be Corner Canyons Star QB Now
TrojanSports

Timpview is losing not only its 4-star State Championship Quarterback but also one of the best people here at the school. Sophomore Helaman Casuga has transferred to 6A powerhouse Corner Canyon for the rest of his high school career. This year Casuga produced 4,145 passing yards and 34 TDs while leading Timpview to the 5A State Championship. Casuga is ranked a 4-star by 247 Sports with offers from BYU, Hawaii, Tennessee, Utah State, Utah Tech, Colorado State, UNVL, USC, and Washington State. He also has interest from a lot of other schools including Utah, Oregon, Oregon State, Oklahoma, and many others. Not to mention Casuga won National Sophomore of the Year by High School FN. Obviously, this is a very high prospect to be losing. But within the High School Quarterback prodigy is a kind and happy kid that everyone loves. The question on everyone’s mind is why is Casuga leaving Timpview, so we asked him that very question, “ To learn more about football, Expand my knowledge, and a better opportunity”. People might say his experience at Timpview was bad, but Casuga says otherwise, “It was lit, great community and brotherhood. Got to build a lot of friendships in my time here”. But the opportunity at Corner Canyon is too big to pass up, especially with their quarterback history. Corner Canyon was home to quarterbacks Jaxon Dart (Ole Miss), Devin Brown (Ohio State), and Zach Wilson (NY Jets). And with Isacc Wilson, youngest brother of Zach Wilson, graduating and going to the University of Utah this spring, Corner Canyon needs a new QB. There is no better than Utah’s best quarterback in the state, Helaman Casuga. What does this mean for Timpview? Without Casuga, there is a huge hole in not just the offense, but in team leadership too. It’s well known that Timpview’s offense was built around Casuga, so without him is almost restarting the offense. Timpview lost senior star Tei Nacua to Byu but will have returning receivers Braxton Wilkerson and Jaron and Kennan Pula. Another change to the offense that is not well known is the absence of Offensive Coordinator Tyler Anderson. Casuga leaving is the true sign that things are gonna be different for Timpview next season. We’re sad to see Helaman Casuga go but wish him luck on the next step in his career. Thank you for your kindness and leadership for this team, school, and community. Good Luck Helaman!!!

View Comments (1)