The President of Timpview’s Newest Club

PNK Club Logo

Last month, Nona Wilson introduced a new club to Timpview, PNK. Wilson is from Provo, Utah, and is a senior at Timpview High School. In her free time, she likes to read, bake or play softball. She has been playing softball since she was eight years old and plays on the Timpview team. Wilson is the President of PNK and is a well-fit leader for the group as she is very kind to others and always positive. She is well-spoken and works well with her peers. 

Phi Nu Kappa, or “PNK” is a club that originated at Provo High School, where Wilson learned about the club from her mom, who is a teacher there. Wilson has felt through her years at Timpview that “there is a lack of community”. This inspired her to bring PNK to our school. Her goal in introducing this club was to create a sense of unity and help people feel welcome at Timpview. The club hopes to host service projects for the school and throughout the community and have fun activities for any student to participate in.

It was a bit of a challenging process for Wilson to get the new club started. She had to create a club target, pick out club colors and most importantly, find a faculty advisor. She was able to secure the support of Hollie Anderson, GAP teacher. Her mom is the PNK club advisor at Provo High so she was able to advise Wilson which made the overall process easier directly. With the help of her mom and the other founders, she has successfully started a Timpview chapter of Phi Nu Kappa. 

The other founders and presidency members of the Timpview PNK club are Lexi Riley, Vice President; and Cora Tandy, Secretary. Wilson is close friends with both girls and felt that they were the perfect fit to be alongside her as she appreciates their bright personalities and optimistic mindsets towards PNK. Once Wilson asked the two sophomores to join the presidency, they quickly began coming up with ideas of how to make this club stand out from the others. Tandy believes PNK will “bring people together while doing fun activities and humanitarian projects.” 

In just a short amount of time, PNK has already gained popularity. During last month’s club week, more than 100 students signed up, with a wide range of students from all grades. A lot of people were very intrigued and excited by the idea of the club. Wilson was initially intimidated by bringing a new club to Timpview on her own and didn’t expect many people to join, so she was especially excited to see such a great turnout. Wilson hopes to host their first meeting within the next few weeks. It will be a get-to-know-you social to kick off the first year of PNK at Timpview.