Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

Timpview's official news site

The Thunderbolt

The Life of a Timpview Swimmer

Cora Tandy, Sophomore
Cora Tandy, Sophomore

Cora Tandy is an admirable member of the Timpview community and is someone people deserve to know. She is a sophomore who is also a member of the swim team and a hardworking student.

Tandy is from the small town of Mahomet, located in the heart of central Illinois. Mahomet is a modest town of corn fields held together by a close-knit community. In July of 2022, Tandy and her family packed up and made the move to Provo, Utah. The family was brought here by her dad’s new job at Brigham Young University. Tandy looks back on her Illinois childhood fondly and recalls regularly riding bikes around the town with her friends. Initially, she was worried about her move to a new state saying “She knew no one, it was a completely new place,” but she soon realized that making a few friends would make the process easier.

Tandy is a proud member of the Timpview swim team. She joined the team her freshman year and loved the experience so much that she decided to continue it this year. Tandy was inspired to get involved by her older brother who swam competitively. She joined the team hardly knowing how to swim but worked hard to learn the skills needed and is improving her times greatly. Joining the swim team has taught her some impactful lessons such as, “To see good results you have to put in a good effort,” which she has used for motivation not only for swimming but for life.

In her free time, Tandy likes to do things like cooking, playing softball, or spending time with friends. This year she has tried her hand at softball and has successfully mastered the game. A close friend encouraged Tandy to participate in the Fall Ball team and she has quickly grown passionate for the sport. She plans to try out for the Timpview team in the spring and looks forward to improving her skills and supporting the group.

Anyone who’s met her knows that she is an energetic and bubbly person. Tandy loves to meet new people and create connections with everyone around her. She even won the “Heart of Timpview” award for her swim team. She has the special ability to light up any room she walks into. Tandy is a hard worker and highly motivated toward greatness. This year she has pushed herself academically and is taking rigorous courses such as CE Chemistry and AP World History. She recognizes the importance of “doing things now so in the future she can be set up for success.”

Interviewing Tandy was a delightful experience and I’m excited to be able to share part of her story. She is an inspiring student who is doing great things and setting herself up for success, all while being an active member of the Timpview community and a friend to all. Look for her on the swim and softball teams this year!