Timpview Soccer

Timpview+Soccer

Timpview Soccer is coming up on their new season. Tryouts are in late February. There is a new head coach who played at UVU. He brought his staff who all used to play D-1 soccer with him, giving the team an optimistic start to this new season as they have coaches who will take this team to the next level. The soccer team has good things going for the beginners on the team and for the graduating seniors. The upcoming freshmen on the team are bringing a ton of new talent. Seniors on the team are committing to play D-1 soccer and bringing their talent and timpview spirit to different schools. Jude Box committed to playing D-1 soccer at Utah Tech University.  Logan Allen committed to play at Utah State. Junior Beckham Hudson thinks that the “ team is more focused this year” I asked him how this year is different compared to previous years. Hudson talked about how this year there is a better mix of different grades on varsity. Luke Nelson Timpview junior. Says that this year they “ Have an easier region in comparison to previous years.” Luke and the team are hoping that this will boost their confidence as they will have easier competition and be able to win more games. All three boys said that they enjoy it when students come to their soccer games as it gives them more confidence and they appreciate the support. I asked timpview soccer player Peter Deguzman if he likes having students at the soccer games and if he felt like the support made a difference. He said that “The energy is so much better when my friends come and support me”. All boys emphasized Peter’s statement about how students coming to the game helps how they perform at games. Let’s wish the soccer team good luck this year and everyone come support the team this season.