How close are we too parking?

Timpview student parking got better, but has a long way to go before you can call it good

Before construction started we lost our first parking lot, the main one that had around 500 spots for students to park in. But with the construction of the N wing, they ripped it out leaving us to park on the streets of Timpview and Quail Valley Drives. Once the new wing was completed we also got a new parking lot with over 200 spots, and many of us thought that that was the end of the parking situation and tickets for parking on the roads. But here we are yet still with a parking situation, students are struggling to find parking spots. Time is spent driving around during class waiting for someone to leave, instead of being on time to class. With limited parking, students have been attempting to extend the lines, creating their own parking spots. There would be about 4-5 cars extended from the lines therefore there is no space for any others, and the bottleneck is the only way out.

This led to the administration recently starting to ticket people parking there on March 1, 2024, for 5 days until Tuesday, March 5, 2024 they put up cones and gates making it impossible for students to park there. Timpview Drive is full, the new parking lot is over capacity, the 2 parking lots by the front entrance are packed, and even the south side of Quail has no room either, even with all these lots, parking is still a nightmare and this nightmare is just 50 cars or so, making it a frenzy when someone is leaving. If we just had around 50 more spots cough*north of quail*cough then parking spaces would be higher than the amount of students parking. We as students have done everything we can to get parking especially those that park all the way along Timpview Drive, dedicated to walking all the way from the Tennis courts to the front entrance every day. This is a plea for one more area of parking on the north side of Quail in return for those who park so far from the school. Please consider this!

For updates on Timpview construction scan this QR code:

View Comments (1)